- The young boys develop basic moral virtues (fortitude, temperance, etc.) through simple talks and fun activities with each other and with their fathers.
- Talks for the fathers show them the importance of developing virtues and strong characters in their sons and give them practical advice on how to do this.
- Fathers have an opportunity to spend meaningful time with their sons.
What Happens at Frontiers?
- 20-minute talk for the boys on some aspect of character which the fathers also attend.
- 30-minute creative, fun, and competitive activity for just the boys.
- 30-minute talk for the fathers on various aspects of parenting from a father's perspective while the boys are in their own activity.
- 50-minute physical activity for boys and fathers together (sports, games, etc.).
- Snack with general socializing among the fathers and sons.
- Throughout the afternoon, a priest is available for confessions.
Who Can Attend Frontiers?
Fathers and their 2nd to 4th grade sons. Fathers are expected to attend the monthly meetings with their sons.
2019/2020 Frontiers Club Meeting Dates and Times
The Club normally meets on the fourth Saturday of the month, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm 2019 – 2020 meetings: September 28th, October 26th, November 23rd, February 22nd, March 28th, and April 25th. These dates coincide with the meetings of the Horizons Club (grades 5 – 8). The schedules are coordinated so that a father with boys in both programs can attend both activities.The September meeting is a half-day hike. There are also winter weekends in Vermont in January/February. Additional fee for the weekend events.
Where Does Frontiers Meet?
Chestnut Hill Center, 481 Hammond Street, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
What is the Cost of Frontiers?
For a father and his son: $120 (one $120 payment for father who also has a son in Horizons). For each additional son: $60